See the challenges as speed bumps, rather than roadblocks. Teach yourself and your child skills and strategies for learning and success.
The Handwriting Doctor – Dr Carol Leibovich – Mankes is a parent of a child with a learning disability as well as 20 years experience as an Occupational Therapist working with kids with varied abilities. Come join our blog and navigate the world of parenting a child with a suspected or diagnosed learning disability. The more you know, the more you can accept, support, encourage and nurture your child and assist him/her in reaching their full potential.
Some topics to be discussed:
- What are skills essential for learning?
- What’s the first thing a parent should do if they suspect their child may have a learning difficulty?
- Why do some students struggle in the traditional classroom learning environment?
- What does becoming a parent of a child with a diagnosed disability feels like?
- How to cope with a learning disability as a parent and a child?
- How to talk to your child about his learning disability?
- And much more…..
- Keeping Kids & Parents Sane and Organized In These Insane Times May 5, 2020
- Helping Reduce Anxiety related to COVID-19 in a Child with ADHD and/or Sensory Regulation Issues March 27, 2020
- My Experience With Virtual Homeschooling A Child With ADHD March 26, 2020
- Tips for Teaching Hand-Washing: Especially Important During COVID-19 March 24, 2020
- Good Handwriting Is More Than Just A Skill, It Is A Key Part Of Overall Learning March 17, 2020
- Introduction March 17, 2020
Team Work Makes Learning Possible.